EXCEL LABS COVID-19 TESTING SERVICES
Excel Labs is offering an internationally (WHO) recognized RT-PCR based procedure to test for COVID-19:
- Approved kits from USA and Europe
- Internationally approved sample collection and sample handling protocols
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and a safe environment for patients
- State of the art, dedicated COVID-19 lab in Islamabad for testing.
The Government of Pakistan requires reporting of all positive Coronavirus tests. All patients are requested to bring their CNIC at the time of sample collection.
HOW TO ORDER A TEST?
Pick up Sample Collection Vial from our nearest location
- Pick up a Sample Collection Vial from our nearest location and get the sample collected by your doctor. List of Locations where vials are available
- The sample should be collected by a qualified General Practitioner or Physician. (Instructions for collecting samples)
- Deposit the sample at our location for testing
- Reports will be issued within 24-48 hours and sent via email and SMS. If result is positive, the patient will receive a telephone call to alert them.
COVID-19 CORPORATE SCREENING
The countries that have successfully controlled the spread of Corona have so done by testing extensively to identify persons who are carriers so that they may be isolated to protect their family and the workplace. We are therefore offering COVID-19 sampling onsite for larger corporate groups using our trained staff with proper protection for the clients.
For details please contact:
Mr. Adeel Anwar Khan
Business Development Manager
Mr. Shahmir Hamid
Business Development & Communications Executive
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Common symptoms include: Fever, Tiredness and Dry Cough.
Other symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- and very few people will report diarrhea, nausea or a runny nose.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO)
- 1166 - National Helpline
- Whatsapp Helpline (In all languages) +923001111166
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is a COVID-19 Antibody Test?
The COVID-19 Antibody test is a blood test that measures the response of the body to COVID-19 infection. Antibodies usually occur 10-14 days after the start of the infection.
What is a COVID-19 PCR Test?
A Corona Virus PCR test looks for active virus. It tells you that you have the virus in your nose or throat at the moment when you’re tested. This usually turns positive 2-5 days after catching the infection and when it turns negative it indicates that you are no longer infected.
What’s the difference between a PCR Test and an Antibody Test?
A PCR test identifies active virus and allows you to self isolate and prevent spreading the disease whether or not you have symptoms. An antibody test shows that you had the virus at some point in the past and now have developed antibodies against the virus.
What does a positive Antibody test result mean?
A positive result indicated that you have had the infection at some point in the past and that your body has now developed antibodies to the virus. This may possibly mean that you have some immunity to the Corona Virus, however it is still too early to know whether that is the case or how long the immunity lasts.